I intend to walk every street in Birmingham. This will include every road (excluding Motorways and similar), canal towpath, public footpath and bridleway.

1 July 2016

Moseley Street

Just a quickie today. I had arranged to meet the other half in Moseley a little later so only had time for a short walk. I planned on catching the bus to Moseley so devised a route from work to a number 50 bus stop - in this case, Moseley Road.

My mini-route started along roads that I'd previously walked and it wasn't until I reached Bradford Street that I was in new territory.  From Rea Street, I walked back towards the markets before walking along Barford Street until I reached Moseley Street.

Moseley Street runs uphill, parallel to Cheapside and Bradford Street, ending at Moseley Road.

Towards the end of the street was this find building ...


This Victorian building was built around 1880 and is now a Grade 2 listed building. Formerly barracks for the Birmingham Police Force, it is now St. Anne's Hostel which takes in homeless men.


Further up the hill is Cleary's. One of the city's many Irish pubs, it is resplendent in it's yellow and green livery.

From Cleary's it was but a few metres to Moseley Road and the bus stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment