I intend to walk every street in Birmingham. This will include every road (excluding Motorways and similar), canal towpath, public footpath and bridleway.

7 May 2016

Google My Maps

I have discovered Google's 'Build your own map' feature.

If you search online for Google My Maps you'll get a link to My Maps where you can create your own, custom map.

You can import various GPS tracks including .kml and .gpx.

A search on t'internet brought forth a .klm of Birmingham's boundary which I addded and shaded a nice yellow colour.

Just to see what the map will look like when populated with a few walks, I imported a few .gpx files from my many walks around Birmimgham.

Then the neat bit, I embedded my map into this blog (see top of right hand column).

If the imported files are a bit 'bumpy' there is also an option to draw in line - this may be a good option just to keep it all neat and tidy.

So that's the mapping bit sorted - or at least until I find something better!


No comments:

Post a Comment