I intend to walk every street in Birmingham. This will include every road (excluding Motorways and similar), canal towpath, public footpath and bridleway.

13 May 2016

Highgate

After getting off the bus in the city centre, I filled in a few gaps from Monday including the little known, Dingley's Passage which, at present, ends at a building site some twenty metres after it's start.


Then it was a short stroll along New Meeting Street back to Dale End.


I made my way towards Sherlock Street, passing the site of the old Silver Blades (currently a building site) and the Wholesale Markets.


Once on Pershore Road and just before Belgrave Middleway, I turned left onto St. Luke's Road picking off all the little cul-de-sacs before finally reaching the middleway. I crossed the middleway at the lights, in sight of the mosque before starting a criss-crossing of the streets between here and Calthorpe Park.


Nothing too exciting but did come across a house, intriguingly called Little Rohtas. All that I can find out about Rohtas is that it was a fortified city in the Pakistan Punjab. Considering the cultural mix in this area that could well ring true.


From Little Rohtas, I made my way to Moseley in time to meet the wife from work.

No comments:

Post a Comment