I intend to walk every street in Birmingham. This will include every road (excluding Motorways and similar), canal towpath, public footpath and bridleway.

14 May 2016

Shard End Shortie

Needed to get for some fresh air so took a short drive to nearby Shard End for a chance to walk a few more Brummie streets.

I chose a distinctive piece from the map...


I parked at the recently redeveloped Shard End shops and started my walk.

Lots of houses built from the 1940's up to a couple of years ago. 

Two features struck me, the first being the very wide Shardway from Packington Avenue,


and the other being All Saints Church, whose tower could be seen from any of today's streets.


Shard End Crescent has a rich musical history with ELO's Jeff Lynn and Duran Duran's Roger Taylor both growing up there.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your quest. I've been working in Birmingham since Christmas and have been doing a similar thing each lunch time without realising it, just restricted to the city centre area though.

    ReplyDelete